By default, your foreground color in GIMP should be set to black and your background color should be set to white, so all we have to do now is fill in the selection with white by going to Edit > Fill with BG color. Now go to Select > None in order to remove the dotted outline from your screen.
How do I add a border to a selection in Gimp?
Borders On Selections
- Before doing that however we need to make a selection with the shape we want. …
- Use the selection tools to create a selection with the desired shape.
- After you have the selection, choose a brush from the brush selection dialog. …
- When all the options are selected you can click on Edit -> Stroke.
How do I outline an image in paint?
Paint’s Shape tool will frame your picture with a border on all four sides. Select the “Rectangle” shape and then draw the outline from the upper left corner of your image to the lower-right corner. You can choose the thickness of your border, as well as its color.
How do I change the color of an outline in gimp?
Go to the “Tools” menu, point to “Paint Tools” and choose “Bucket Fill” or click the “Bucket Fill” button in the Toolbox. Choose a color and click on the outline area with the Bucket Fill tool to fill in the outline color.
How do I make white edges in Photoshop?
To create the border, click the Create a New Fill or Adjustment Layer button in the Layers panel and choose Solid Color. In the dialog box, set the color as white (if it’s not already) and click OK. Drag the new color fill layer below the image layer in the Layers panel.
How do I crop an image outline?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.