First, select the “Knife” tool from the main Illustrator toolbar. Depending on the version you have of Illustrator, it may be paired with the “Eraser” tool or the “Scissors” tool. Now, click and drag to draw a path along the object or image you are working with. This will dissect the object into two and create a cut.
How do you cut a clipping mask in Illustrator?
- Select the image with the mask.
- Choose Object > Expand Appearance if Expand Appearance is available.
- Choose Object > Expand.
- Click the Crop button on the Pathfinder Panel.
Why is my clipping mask turning white?
It’s possible that the object you’re trying to mask is too complicated (detailed) for the mask to function properly. Always be sure that your mask object is on top of everything you’re attempting to mask. I usually just draw a rectangle with no fill or stroke, select that and the objects below and then apply the mask.
Why is clipping mask not working illustrator?
You need a single path to create a clipping mask. You can’t use a group of objects or objects with effects etc (the effects would be disregarded anyway). Simple fix: Select all of your circles and create a compound path (Object → Compound Path → Make or Ctrl / cmd + 8 ).
How do I cut a shape out of another shape in Illustrator?
Select both shapes using the “Selection Tool”. With both shapes selected, go to the “Pathfinder Tool” (displayed below in red). Select the “Minus Front” selection (displayed below in green). Your bottom shape should now have a cutout of the top shape.
How do I merge clipping masks?
- Make a duplicate of this path, using the layers panel. Window > Show Layers.
- Select the line and outline the stroke. Object > Path > Outline Stroke.
- Select the group containing the two paths and intersect the paths. …
- Reduce the points to just those for the intersection. …
- Unhide the duplicate letters.
1 дек. 2013 г.
How do I cut a shape in Photoshop?
1. Select the Magic Wand tool from the toolbox and then left-click the object that you want to cut out. This creates a selection around the area that you have clicked. Hold down “Shift” and click an adjacent section of the object if the entire object was not covered by the selection.
Can’t make clipping mask a path used as a clipping mask must contain?
A path used as a clipping mask must contain at least 2 connected anchor points. A clipping mask acts as a group, so all clipped objects must be on the same layer.
How do I make an image compound shape in Illustrator?
You can easily create a compound shape by selecting the desired objects and then heading over to Pathfinder’s advanced menu and hitting Make Compound Shape, or by using Unite Shape Mode while holding down the Alt key.
Can you release all clipping masks in Illustrator?
Like most things in Illustrator, there are multiple ways to do this, I will show you just one. Step 2 continued: Release all clipping masks. Go to the Object menu, then Clipping Mask > Release. Repeat until the Release option is grayed out, meaning you have successfully released all of your clipping masks.
What does a clipping mask do?
A clipping mask lets you use the content of a layer to mask the layers above it. Content of the bottom or base layer determines the masking. The non-transparent part of the base layer clips (reveals) the content of the layers above it in the clipping mask. All other content in the clipped layers is masked out (hidden).