If you wish to retain existing smart objects, then merely Group all the layers you wish to mask in the Layers Panel, and apply the mask to the Group. In Photoshop CS6, select all the layers you wish to be clipped, click on the Layers panel flyout menu and choose “Create Clipping Mask”.
How do I create a multiple clipping mask in Photoshop?
What you can do is select the layer and the clipping mask, and turn that into a smart object. Then you can add another clipping mask to this smart object. You could repeat this as many times as you want.
How do you create a clipping group in Photoshop?
Create a clipping mask
- Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click.
- In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
27 июл. 2017 г.
How do I apply a layer mask to multiple layers?
With the Layer Group targeted in the Layers panel, click the Add Layer Mask icon from the bottom of the Layers panel. Paint in the mask to control the visibility of all layers within the Layer Group.
How do you make a clipping mask shape?
To create a clipping mask, follow these steps:
- Choose File→Place to place an image. …
- Create the item you want to use as a mask by using the Pen tool to create a shape or a closed path. …
- Use the Selection tool to select the placed image and the shape. …
- Choose Object→Clipping Mask→Make.
What is the difference between a layer mask and a clipping mask?
Generally speaking, layer masks provide more control over a single layer’s pixels. Clipping masks are used to hide areas of a layer based on pre-made selections or paths. Yes they’re similar and both helpful but they also get used in various ways.
How do I create a clipping mask in Photoshop?
Select the shape layer that you want to place the photo in. This can sometimes be labelled as Photo Layer or Mask or Clipping Mask. Essentially it’s just the shape that you want your image to clip into. Go to FILE, then PLACE EMBEDDED and choose your photo from wherever you’ve saved it.
How do I mask a shape in Photoshop?
Select the layer you wish to mask. Hold down ctrl (command on Mac, probably), left-click and hold on the shape, and drag it on top of the layer you wish to mask.
How do I merge clipping paths in Photoshop?
Just switch to the Path Selection tool (Shift-A until it comes up), then go up to the Options Bar and click on the Combine button. Now when you move one path, all the combined paths move right along with it.
What does a clipping mask do in Photoshop?
A clipping mask lets you use the content of a layer to mask the layers above it. Content of the bottom or base layer determines the masking. The non-transparent part of the base layer clips (reveals) the content of the layers above it in the clipping mask. All other content in the clipped layers is masked out (hidden).
What do clipping layers do?
Layer Clipping is “when you blend a layer onto canvas, it only applies to an image area in a layer directly below”. … By keeping multiple layers and blending them from the bottom onto canvas, you can work on your artwork without interfering other parts.
How do you group all layers in Photoshop?
Group and link layers
- Select multiple layers in the Layers panel.
- Do one of the following: Choose Layer > Group Layers. Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) layers to the folder icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to group the layers.
- To Ungroup the layers, select the group and choose Layer > Ungroup Layers.