Yes, you can make the outlined path thicker. Simplest way is to just apply a stroke on the outlines. This will then be added to your stroke (so remember it needs to be 1/2 the additional weight you need). Closed outlines may need this done to both sides.
How do I increase the thickness of a line in Illustrator?
If you need further variation on your line weight, you can manually adjust the line using the Width Tool (Shift+W). Using this tool you can manually drag the line weight at any given point, or even add points. Once you’ve made adjustments to the line you can then save the line as a new stroke profile.
How do you fill a complex shape in Illustrator?
Select the compound path object and from the menu select Object>Compound Path>Release. This should make the “holes” in your object separate objects and the same color as the object. Ungroup if necessary. Select the six new shapes (the page edges) and fill them with white.
How do I convert a path to a shape in Illustrator?
To turn a stroke in Adobe Illustrator into a shape that you can edit, you must change it into a compound path. A compound path makes the outline of the stroke editable.
Converting a Stroke to a Shape in Illustrator
- Select “Object” from the menu.
- Select “Path” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Outline Stroke.”
Where can you change the thickness of the shapes outline?
To change the shape outline:
- Select the shape. The Format tab appears.
- Click the Format tab.
- Click the Shape Outline command to display a drop-down menu. Choosing an outline color.
- From the drop-down menu, you can change the outline color, weight (thickness), and whether it is a dashed line. A thicker outline.
How do I thin a path in Illustrator?
Now choose Object > Path > Offset Path. While offset path doesn’t sound much like it will sort out the problem it is the tool for resizing paths and with it you can grow or shrink a path, making it larger or smaller by a value of your choice.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Illustrator also has a smooth tool that allows you to straighten out your lines. If you click the pencil tool and hold, the smooth tool will open. This will have its own smoothing and fidelity options, and you can access them by double clicking on them to access the preference pane of the smooth tool.
How do I make a dotted line in Illustrator?
How to create a dotted line in Illustrator
- Create a line or shape using the line segment tool (/)
- Go to the Appearance section of the Properties tab on the right-hand side.
- Click Stroke to open the stroke options.
- Tick the box marked Dashed Line.
- Enter values for lengths of dashes and gaps in between.
13 февр. 2020 г.
How do you convert a compound path to a shape?
TEXT MENU / CONVERT TO PATHS. OBJECT MENU / EXPAND / (FILL AND STROKE OPTIONS CHECKED) PATHFINDER PALETTE / ADD TO SHAPE AREA.
How do you fill a path?
Fill the path:
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Fill Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel.
- Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) the path to the Fill Path button.
- Choose Fill Path from the Paths panel menu. If the selected path is a path component, this command changes to Fill Subpath.
15 февр. 2017 г.
How do you make multiple compound paths in Illustrator?
Create a Compound Path by selecting two or multiple overlapping objects and then going over to Object > Compound Path > Make. You can easily change their Size, Shape, and even their Position by selecting the center of the empty shapes using the Direct Selection Tool and then adjusting them as you need.
How do I change text into a shape in Illustrator?
What you learned: Re-shape text
- Select the Selection tool and click to select a text object.
- Choose Type > Create Outlines to convert the text to editable paths.
- Click the Ungroup button in the Properties panel to be able to move the letters independently.
- With the Selection tool, drag each letter separately.
15 окт. 2018 г.