Press Alt+Shift (Option+Shift) and drag a point to make a smaller, perfect circle. Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do you split a circle into 6 in Illustrator?
Like plainclothes said … an easy screenshot-walkthrough for an even number of segments:
- Draw a circle.
- Add a line across.
- Rotate line/path with (TRICK!) the copy button N-times.
- Repeat action (Command-D on OS X).
- Select circle and all sections.
- Use the pathfinder tool and select divide.
- You got segments.
What are the 5 parts of a circle?
Names of parts of a circle
How do you divide a circle evenly?
It’s easy to divide a circle into four equal parts.
A Simple Way to Divide Circles
- Draw line AB through the center of your circle, and divide it equally into the number of parts you want. …
- Set a compass at points A and B, scribe the two arcs as shown, and label their intersection as point C.
How do I get rid of the perspective grid in Illustrator?
Click “View” from the menu bar and select “Perspective Grid / Hide Grid” to deactivate the grid. The keyboard shortcut is “Ctrl,” “Shift,” “I” (Windows) and “Cmd,” “Shift,” “I” (Mac).
How do you divide a circle into 8 equal parts?
Originally Answered: How do you cut a circle into 8 equal parts? Draw a diameter, dividing the circle into two equal parts. Then divide each part in half, to get 4 equal parts and then again each new part by half to get 8 equal parts.