What is the use of inserting illustrations in a Word document?
For starters, you can do a lot more than simply insert a picture. You can make a variety of formatting changes to the picture, including changing the shape, adding a border, modifying effects, and applying a predefined style. From one location you can now switch, compress, crop, and modify the image settings.
Where is illustrations in Word?
The first step to inserting pictures or drawings in Word is accessing the Illustrations icon group in the ribbon menu. As shown in Fig 4-1 above, the Illustrations icon group can be accessed by clicking on the INSERT tab just above the icons on the ribbon menu.
Can you add shapes in Word?
To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
How do I add an artistic effect in Word?
Apply an artistic effect
- Click the picture that you want to apply an artistic effect to.
- Click Picture Tools > Format, and then click Artistic Effects in the Adjust group. …
- Click the artistic effect that you want. …
- To fine tune the artistic effect, click Artistic Effects Options at the bottom of the list of thumbnail images.
25 февр. 2017 г.
What are the three types of illustration?
These are the main types of traditional illustration that we commonly come across:
- Woodcutting. …
- Pencil Illustration. …
- Charcoal Illustration. …
- Lithography Illustration. …
- Watercolor Illustration. …
- Acrylic Illustration. …
- Pen and Ink Illustration. …
- Freehand Digital Illustration.
8 нояб. 2019 г.
What is illustration in Microsoft Word?
Illustrations Quick Reference
The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
What is the Insert tab in Microsoft Word?
The Insert Tab is used to insert different features such as tables, pictures, clip art, shapes, charts, page numbers, word art, headers, and footers into a document. The table below describes each of the groups and buttons available on this tab.
Which option is supported by Microsoft Word?
Compatibility options for
The settings in the list of Layout options change according to the word-processing program that you select. To specify your own configuration of settings, select Custom. Layout options Lists options for laying out the document. Select the check boxes for the options you want.
Which group has illustration option in it?
Answer. To do so, place the cursor in the location that you would like the image to appear and select the “Pictures” option, found in the “Insert” tab. In Word or Excel, this option can be found in the “Illustrations” group. In PowerPoint, it’s found in the “Images” group.
Why can’t I add shapes in Word?
As the issue occurs with specific document, you may recreate the document then save it in a different name. Then reopen the new document and check if the ‘Insert > Shapes’ option is enabled. To create an instance of document, click on the ‘View’ tab > click on ‘New Window’ under ‘Window’ group.
How do I group different shapes in Word?
Group shapes, pictures, or objects
- Press and hold CTRL while you select the shapes, pictures, or objects that you want to group. The Wrap Text option for each object must be other than In line with Text. …
- Go to Drawing Tools or Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, select Group. , and then select Group.
What tab has to use to insert the shapes?
To add shapes:
- 1Click the More Options. icon in the top-left corner of the document window.
- 2Go to the Insert tab.
- 3Under Pictures & Tables, click Shapes.
- 4Select the shape you want from the list. You can create shapes by selecting the Custom Shapes option from the list.
- 5Click where you want to insert the shape.
Where is artistic effects in Word?
Apply Artistic Effects
- Select the picture.
- Select Picture Tools > Format and select Artistic Effects.
- Hover over the options to preview them and select the one you want.
How do I resize a text box in Word?
To change the size of an existing text box, follow these steps:
- Click once on the information within the text box. …
- Use the mouse to point to one of the handles. …
- Drag the handle to resize the text box.
- Release the mouse button when the text box is the size you want.
14 июн. 2016 г.
How do you add a top border in Word?
Add a border to selected text
- Select a word, line, or paragraph.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders button.
- In the Borders gallery, click the border style that you want to apply.