The Feather command feathers the edges of the selection. This creates a smooth transition between the selection and its surroundings. You normally feather selection borders with the “Feather Edges” option of the selection tools, but you may feather them again with this command.
What is feather effect?
Feathering is Photoshop’s term for “soft edges.” Creating a soft edge around a selection is a nice way to blend images, highlight an object within an image, or adjust harsh edges for web graphics. This document explains two ways of feathering an image in Photoshop.
How do I feather a layer in Gimp?
Feather the selection by going to the “Select” menu and choosing “Feather.” Increase the radius of the feather to create a “softer,” larger gradient, or decrease the radius to create a smaller gradient.
How do you apply a feather effect?
Follow these steps:
- Using any selection method, create a selection around the part of an image you want to lighten.
- Choose Select→Modify→Feather; in the Feather dialog box that appears, enter 25 in the Feather Radius text field and click OK. …
- Choose Image→Adjustments→Curves.
How do I fade the edges of a photo?
How to Blur the Edges of a Photo?
- Pick the Vignetting Tool. Go to the Tools tab and select Vignetting. …
- Choose the Shape of Blurred Edges. In order to clearly see the shape of your resulting image drag the Amount and Feather sliders all the way left. …
- Blur Photo Edges.
How do I sharpen edges in gimp?
You can access this command from the image menubar through Select → Sharpen.
How do I smooth edges in gimp?
Fixing Jagged Image Edges with Gimp
- use the fuzzy select tool to select your drawing.
- Click “Select” then “border” and select border by 2 px.
- Click “Filters” then “blur” then “Gaussian Blur” and give it a 4px Gaussian blur.
- Make sure the image is selected and click “Select” then “grow” and grow by 1px.
3 февр. 2013 г.
How do I get rid of the white edges in gimp?
- Do a wand select of the background.
- Shift click in any isolated areas that you want to remove (loops in “O”, “P”…)
- Select>Grow by one pixel so that the selection bleeds over the pixels at the edge of things.
- Color>Color to alpha and remove the white.
7 июн. 2019 г.
How do you transform a selection?
To transform a selection, much like you would a layer, create a selection then go to the Select menu and choose Transform Selection. A bounding box will appear around the selection that will allow you to click-and-drag on the corner handles to scale and rotate it.
How do I blur edges in Photoshop 2020?
Press ctrl/cmd-A to select all. Go to the selections menu and select Modify>Feather. enter in the amount you want it to fade, and make sure you click “Apply effect at canvas bounds.” Then add a layer mask with that selection.
How do I blur edges in Photoshop CC?
How to Blur Edges in Photoshop
- Define the Area for Feathering. Tools Panel > Marquee Menu > Elliptical Marquee Tool (M) …
- Feather the Edges. Select>Modify>Feather (Shift+F6) …
- Inverse the Selection. Select > Inverse (Shift+Ctrl+l) …
- Choose the Color. Adjustments > Solid Color.