The first step to inserting pictures or drawings in Word is accessing the Illustrations icon group in the ribbon menu. As shown in Fig 4-1 above, the Illustrations icon group can be accessed by clicking on the INSERT tab just above the icons on the ribbon menu.
How do I insert an illustration in Word?
To insert a picture from a file:
- Place your insertion point where you want the image to appear.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Picture command in the Illustrations group. The Insert Picture dialog box appears. …
- Select the desired image file, then click Insert to add it to your document. Selecting an image file.
What is illustration in word processing?
Illustrations Quick Reference
The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
Where is word art in Word 2019?
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click WordArt, and then click the WordArt style that you want. Enter your text. You can add a fill or effect to a shape or text box as well as the text in the WordArt.
Where is the Drawing toolbar in Word 2016?
Click View > Toolbars > Drawing. The Drawing toolbar is displayed or hidden. The Drawing toolbar contains a collection of icon buttons that allows the user to draw shapes and images in the document.
How do I draw in Word 2020?
How to draw in Word
- In the ‘Insert tab,’ click the ‘Shapes’ button, and in the drop-down menu select ‘Scribble’
- Click and hold down your mouse to draw the shape you want.
- Release the mouse when you’ve finished drawing.
- Go to the ‘Shape Format’ tab to edit your shape.
29 нояб. 2018 г.
How do I insert a shape in Word 2020?
To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
What are the three types of illustration?
These are the main types of traditional illustration that we commonly come across:
- Woodcutting. …
- Pencil Illustration. …
- Charcoal Illustration. …
- Lithography Illustration. …
- Watercolor Illustration. …
- Acrylic Illustration. …
- Pen and Ink Illustration. …
- Freehand Digital Illustration.
8 нояб. 2019 г.
What is mean by word processor?
A word processor (WP) is a device or computer program that provides for input, editing, formatting, and output of text, often with some additional features. … The functions of a word processor program fall somewhere between those of a simple text editor and a fully functioned desktop publishing program.
What is the Insert tab in Microsoft Word?
The Insert Tab is used to insert different features such as tables, pictures, clip art, shapes, charts, page numbers, word art, headers, and footers into a document. The table below describes each of the groups and buttons available on this tab.
How do you curve Word Art in Word?
Create curved or circular WordArt
- Go to Insert > WordArt.
- Pick the WordArt style you want.
- Type your text.
- Select the WordArt.
- Go to Shape Format > Text Effects > Transform and pick the effect you want.
How do I get rid of Word Art in Word?
Select the border of the WordArt box. The cursor changes to a four header arrow. Press Delete.
Can’t find transform in Word?
If you don’t see Transform at the bottom of the menu, make sure you’ve clicked the Text Effects menu.
What is the Drawing toolbar in Word?
The drawing toolbar was a feature in Microsoft Word that allowed users to draw and color shapes, add text effects and create text boxes within a Word document. Users could choose from pre-drawn shapes, add clip art or draw their own shapes.
How do I activate the pen in Word?
You define the pens you want to have, and they are then available in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- On the Draw tab of the Ribbon, tap a pen to select it. …
- Tap again to open the menu of Thickness and Color options for the pen. …
- A Pencil texture is also available: …
- On the touch screen, begin writing or drawing.
Where is the ribbon in Word?
The Ribbon is a user interface element which was introduced by Microsoft in Microsoft Office 2007. It is located below the Quick Access Toolbar and the Title Bar. It comprises seven tabs; Home, Insert, Page layout, References, Mailing, Review and View.