First, load an Illustrator project and select the Eraser tool in the main Tools panel (or press Shift+E). Click and drag on the artboard to start erasing areas of your image.
Why can’t I use the eraser tool in Illustrator?
The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. … If it is, you must click on the Break Link to Symbol button in the Symbols panel, thereby expanding the Symbol’s appearance, in order to edit it using the Eraser tool.
How do you erase part of an image in Illustrator?
Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do I erase lines in Illustrator?
- You could use the Scissors Tool or Knife tool to cut the path,then delete the end section.
- You could draw a new line and use Pathfinder, then delete the end section.
- You can select the path then use the Eraser Tool to erase art of it.
Is there a magic eraser tool in Illustrator?
Hi. The Magic Eraser Tool is located between the History Brush tool and the Gradient tool. You can select it using the shortcut E (with Shift + E you can switch the tools in that tools group).
Why does my eraser have an outline illustrator?
The eraser does not have the stroke. The objects that you are erasing have it. … You can see on the left that the stroke of the “outline” left by the eraser is really the stroke from the rectangle that was partially erased.
How do I delete part of a path in Illustrator?
Here is how to erase parts of paths. Use the Selection tool to select the object that you want to erase partially. Click the Eraser tool and drag to erase the paths that you want to remove. As you can see, Illustrator reshaped our object for us and closed the path.
How do I change the eraser shape in Illustrator?
This shape allows you to erase large areas in one direction, but smaller areas in another direction.
- Open your image in Adobe Illustrator.
- Double-click the eraser-shaped “Eraser” tool from the Tools pallet. …
- Click the “Diameter” slider to the right to increase the size of the eraser.
Where is path eraser tool?
Access the Path Eraser Tool by clicking on it in the Tools Panel or in a floating panel (if you’ve made one). Hold Command to temporarily access the Selection Tool (V). Click to select your Path, release Command, and then start erasing.
How do I delete a vector in Illustrator?
How to Erase Vectors in Illustrator
- The command key for the eraser tool is Shift+E (on a Mac)
- You. can change the size of the eraser tool by double clicking the icon in. …
- You can eraser through multiple objects at once without selecting.
- You can eraser through a single object overlaying other objects when your single object is selected.
23 дек. 2013 г.