1 Answer. You have a fill colour set while drawing your shape. Set the fill colour to ‘none’ (red slash symbol) and try again. … This also works when you have used the black arrow tool to select an object and want to change its fill or stroke colour.
How do I stop my pen tool filling?
When you start drawing with the Pen tool, it can be rough to draw when the path has a fill, so let’s make it a little easier. Select the Pen tool; then change the Fill color to None and the Stroke Color to black in the control panel.
How do I fix the pen tool in Illustrator?
The fix is:
- Under Menu → Window → Transform, uncheck Align to Pixel Grid.
- Uncheck Align New Objects to Pixel Grid in the options for the Transform window.
28 апр. 2018 г.
How do I remove fill in Illustrator?
How to Erase Specific Colors in Illustrator
- Launch Illustrator. …
- Click on an object that has the fill color that you want to erase. …
- Click the “Select” menu, then click “Same” and “Fill Color.” Illustrator selects all the objects in the document that have that fill color.
Why is the pen tool filling in Photoshop?
There’s two things at work: First you have the tool set to shape, and then you have the fill set to black. You can leave it on Shape but change the fill to empty. Or you can change it from Shape to Path.
How do I change the color of my pen tool in Illustrator?
Go to the Layers Palette flyout menu and open the Layer Options dialog. You can change the colour there.
How do I reset my tools in Illustrator?
Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the toolbar. Click the menu in the upper right and choose Reset. If you want all the tools to show in the toolbar, which is my preference, choose Advanced.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Illustrator also has a smooth tool that allows you to straighten out your lines. If you click the pencil tool and hold, the smooth tool will open. This will have its own smoothing and fidelity options, and you can access them by double clicking on them to access the preference pane of the smooth tool.
How do I edit lines in Illustrator?
Edit paths you draw
- Select anchor points. Select the Direct Selection tool and click a path to see its anchor points. …
- Add and remove anchor points. …
- Convert points between corner and smooth. …
- Add or remove direction handles with the Anchor Point tool. …
- Edit with the Curvature tool.
30 янв. 2019 г.
How do I thicken lines in Illustrator?
To use the Illustrator width tool, select the button in the toolbar or hold Shift+W. To adjust the width of a stroke, click and hold any point along the stroke path. This will create a width point. Pull up or down on these points to expand or contract that segment of the stroke.
What is the fill tool in Illustrator?
When painting objects in Adobe Illustrator, the Fill command adds color to the area inside the object. In addition to the range of colors available for use as a fill, you can add gradients and pattern swatches to the object. … Illustrator also allows you to remove the fill from the object.
How do I remove the white background from text in Illustrator?
- Open the problematic EPS file (with the opaque/white background) in Illustrator.
- Make and save a copy of the file, but preserve the original. …
- Change the file format to “EPS”
- Click “Save,” then open the dialog box labeled “EPS Options.
- Select “Transparent” from the options in the dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
26 окт. 2018 г.
How do you merge lines in Illustrator?
- Select the Selection tool ( ) in the Tools panel. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join once more.
- Choose Select > Deselect to see the closed path.
- Choose View > Preview.
- Click the joined path to select it and press the letter D to apply the default black 1 pt stroke and white fill.
3 нояб. 2014 г.